Account Director (Corporate Public Affairs)
Our client is a dynamic, highly regarded, and fast-growing international agency with a reputation for achieving outstanding results on behalf of clients. Their public affairs team is expanding rapidly due to continued business growth; they operate on a fully integrated basis alongside colleagues from the public relations and corporate communications divisions.
They have instructed us to recruit an experienced consultant to manage accounts for key clients across a range of sectors, deliver outstanding communications programmes, and assist in the continued expansion of the corporate public affairs practice.
The role will entail:
- Managing the accounts of existing clients across the public affairs department, in addition to helping to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Bringing to bear both tactical and strategic insights in developing engagement programmes for clients.
- Demonstrating excellent knowledge across the political and policy spectrum including Westminster, Whitehall, key thought leaders and opinion formers, and the interplay between politics and the media.
- Advising clients on wider day-to-day communications issues, including media engagement, and managing accounts and campaigns on a fully integrated basis.
- Delivering exceptional outcomes for clients, meeting and exceeding expectations across all accounts.
- Playing a senior within the business, including managing and training Account Executives and Account Managers, expanding the client base, and playing a key part in strategic business decisions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A clear track record of success within the public affairs industry, with demonstrable career progression, preferably within an integrated agency (although candidates from in-house backgrounds will also be considered).
- A passion for politics and the media; staff within the agency are highly engaged with the political scene and candidates who are active within politics are particularly of interest.
- Exceptional relationship and account management skills, the ability to form, maintain, and develop relationships with clients, colleagues, parliamentarians, journalists, and other key stakeholders.
Location: Central London
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £55,000 DOE, plus excellent benefits