Account Director (Health)
Strategic Communications Consultancy
Our client is a mid-size strategic communications consultancy providing a high level of public affairs and media advice to clients across a range of industries. This role is focused on working with the consultancy’s healthcare clients, but will also involve wider public affairs work.
The consultancy’s health sector work encompasses a wide range of clients including medical technology, education, pharmacology, and others.
Sitting on the agency’s Senior Management team, the purpose of this role is to provide political, industry and strategic expertise. Leading on a number of accounts, you will ensure the delivery of consistently high-quality work for clients and drive new business growth and client retention.
- Provide strategic communications consultancy services to clients across sectors, but with a focus on health.
- Oversee and sign-off all client work provided by account teams, ensuring that high standards are adhered to, and client expectations met and exceeded.
- Lead on new business proposals and pitches for new clients
- Establish and develop business and political contacts and industry knowledge
- Provide input into relevant business planning activities where appropriate
- Line-manage junior staff, contributing to staff development and growth
- Have experience of public affairs consultancy or within a comparable in-house role
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of Government and key parliamentary processes.
- Possess expertise in health policy, or at least a meaningful interest in healthcare.
- Have exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Possess excellent commercial awareness, and recognise that consultancies need to deliver tangible economic benefits to clients.
Max Wiltshire Ltd. is a search & selection consultancy focused exclusively on recruiting exceptional professional communicators. Our clients include leading communications consultancies, major listed companies, household name charities, and public sector bodies.Apply for this role
Salary: £45,000 to £65,000 plus benefits