Account Director (Public Affairs and Media)
Award Winning Integrated Agency
Our client is a dynamic, highly regarded, and fast-growing mid-size independent agency with a reputation for achieving outstanding results on behalf of clients. They operate on a fully integrated basis and are as comfortable delivering a strategic media campaign as they are engaging with political stakeholders at Westminster.
They have instructed us to recruit an experienced consultant to manage accounts for key clients across a range of sectors, deliver outstanding communications programmes, and assist in the continued success and expansion of the agency. Our client has a reputation for providing excellent career and personal development opportunities; the firm’s staff are offered regular and extensive training opportunities and staff turnover is well below the industry average.
The role will entail:
- Managing the accounts of existing clients, in addition to helping to identify and pursue new business opportunities.
- Bringing to bear both tactical and strategic insights in developing engagement programmes for clients.
- Demonstrating excellent knowledge across the political and policy spectrum including Westminster, Whitehall, key thought leaders and opinion formers, and the interplay between politics and the media.
- Advising clients on wider day-to-day communications issues, including media engagement, and managing accounts and campaigns on a fully integrated basis.
- Delivering exceptional outcomes for clients, meeting and exceeding expectations across all accounts.
- Playing a senior within the business, including managing and training Account Executives and Account Managers, expanding the client base, and playing a key part in strategic business decisions.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A clear track record of success within the communications industry, with demonstrable career progression, preferably within an integrated agency (although candidates from in-house backgrounds will also be considered).
- A passion for politics and the media; staff within the agency are highly engaged with the political scene and candidates who are active within politics are particularly of interest.
- Exceptional relationship and account management skills, the ability to form, maintain, and develop relationships with clients, colleagues, parliamentarians, journalists, and other key stakeholders.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the industry’s great success stories. The right candidate will join a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and nurturing team operating at the top of their game.Apply for this role
Location: Central London
Salary: Circa £45,000 to £50,000 plus excellent benefits