Account Manager (Tech Public Affairs)
Top Boutique Agency
Our client, a leading boutique agency, is seeking to recruit an Account Manager to lead on several key accounts in the tech public affairs space.
Our client has a reputation for punching well above their weight, and regularly beats off far larger agencies at pitches. They work for a range of clients across sectors including travel and aviation, financial services, leisure and retail, third sector and charities, professional bodies, public sector outsourcing, house-building, and construction.
You will be responsible for supporting the senior team in the management and delivery of client accounts and also the continued growth of the agency, as well as managing a selection of accounts, including tech public affairs. This appointment is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team committed to delivering the highest levels of service and is ideally suited to someone with a mix of good political instincts and commercial nous who is looking for genuine hands-on involvement with a diverse range of accounts.
- Working with senior members of the team to meet client needs
- Supporting the delivery of political and stakeholder contact programmes (including identifying appropriate targets, setting up meetings and providing clients with full briefings) with Westminster focused clients
- Drafting concise briefing notes for elected representatives and key influencers on behalf of clients
- Analyse public policy through written and oral briefings
- Supporting development, management of events
- Networking effectively across all sectors – including political and new business
- Supporting new business development (including identification of potential clients through research and networking, helping with drafting of new business proposal/tender submissions, supporting pitch presentations)
- Proven experience of working in the field of Public Affairs, preferably within consultancy
- Good knowledge of and interest in government and political affairs, including an understanding of political structures in Westminster and preferably a background in financial services
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Educated to degree level – evidence of strong research and analytical skills
- Self-starter – ability to act on own initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 plus benefits