Consultant (Environment and Climate Change Communications)
Globally Networked Consultancy
Our client is the public affairs arm of a well-respected globally networked agency; they represent clients with a diverse range of priorities, often involving global or pan-European issues. They have instructed us to search for a talented and passionate consultant with an interest in issues around energy, the environment, sustainability, and climate change communications.
Managing accounts across a range of sectors, but with an emphasis on those in the climate change and sustainability sector, the successful candidate will lead on the development and implementation of engagement strategies for major clients.
- Developing and maintaining high level networks amongst opinion formers, including the media, politicians, civil servants, and others.
- Contributing to the development of new business for the agency
- Working with colleagues from across the agency to ensure a high quality, fully integrated, service is delivered to clients
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team
- Provision of high quality strategic advice and intelligence to clients.
The Ideal Candidate
- A background in communications around sustainability, climate change, and environmental issues.
- Significant experience in the communications, media relations, public affairs, or political communications sector
- Ideally, Some experience of working within the political arena (e.g. within Westminster, Whitehall, or one of the political parties)
- A highly strategic approach to problem solving
- A strong entrepreneurial streak, combined with the ability to pro-actively network and source new business leads and contacts
- Exceptional communication skills
Max Wiltshire Ltd. is a search & selection consultancy focused exclusively on recruiting exceptional professional communicators. Our clients include leading communications consultancies, major listed companies, household name charities, and public sector bodies.Apply for this role
Location: Central London
Salary: Circa £35,000, plus benefits