Senior Account Manager or Account Director
Independent Public Affairs Agency
Our client is a leading independent public affairs agency who work with a wide range of leading companies in sectors including travel and aviation, financial services, third sector and charities, professional bodies, public sector outsourcing, house-building, construction and retail.
They have grown quickly in the last couple of years and are looking for someone to join the team who can maintain this trajectory, either at Senior Account Manager or Account Director level.
This appointment is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team committed to delivering the highest levels of service and is ideally suited to someone with a mix of good political instincts and commercial nous who is looking for genuine hands-on involvement with a diverse range of accounts.
- Working with senior members of the team to meet client needs
- Supporting the delivery of political and stakeholder contact programmes (including identifying appropriate targets, setting up meetings and providing clients with full briefings) with Westminster focused clients
- Drafting concise briefing notes for elected representatives and key influencers on behalf of clients
- Supporting new business development (including identification of potential clients through research and networking, helping with drafting of new business proposal/tender submissions, supporting ‘pitch’ presentations)
- Media relations (including supporting development of PR strategies, drafting new releases and ‘selling in’ story to media to maximise coverage).
- Proven experience of working in the field of Public Affairs.
- Good knowledge of and interest in government and political affairs, including an understanding of political structures in Westminster & Local Government.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Educated to degree level – evidence of strong research and analytical skills
- Self-starter – ability to act on own initiative
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Salary: £40,000, to £45,000, plus benefits