Senior Account Manager
Sector Leading Boutique Consultancy
Our client is an independent boutique consultancy, leading the field in their niche. In the handful of years since their foundation they have grown exponentially, outgrowing two offices in the process. Due to continued growth in 2014 they have retained Max Wiltshire Ltd exclusively to recruit an ambitious and motivated consultant to join their team.
Though small in size our client punches well above their weight, regularly beating far larger agencies to accounts. Their hallmark is the provision of highly tailored bespoke services – an approach which has led to their very high client retention rate.
This role offers the opportunity for an experienced public affairs consultant to specialise in a lucrative and highly in-demand sector, and to take a senior leadership role within a thriving and fast-growing company. From day one, he successful candidate will be given a high degree of responsibility, and autonomy. Although contributing to the company’s business development activities will be a part of the role, the initial focus is very much on servicing the company’s existing accounts and playing a major role in managing other elements of the business.
The successful candidate will:
- Devise, plan, and execute compelling campaigns and engagement strategies on behalf of clients, taking responsibility for ensuring successful outcomes.
- Be responsible for engaging and building relationships with clients at the highest levels based on trust and results delivery.
- Drive the successful delivery of engagement programs across Westminster, Whitehall, and government, ensuring that client’s strategic priorities are articulated to key decision makers.
- Engage with the media where appropriate, and with government and other stakeholders.
The candidate we are seeking will have:
- An extensive professional background in public affairs.
- Significant account management experience.
- Experience of developing and maintaining expertise in specific client sectors and related policy fields.
- Bring an impressive network of contacts, both in government and industry.
- An excellent understanding of Westminster, devolved Parliaments and EU institutions.
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior stakeholders.
- Outstanding communications skills, with a very advanced degree of skill in producing written work.
- Experience in identifying and developing new business leads.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000, plus benefits